Guest Safety Standards
As always, the safety of our guests, members, and associates is our highest priority and we want you to feel confident when playing Stonewall Orchard Golf Club. Please know that in light of the COVID-19 situation, we have chosen to enhance our cleaning procedures and staff training, exceeding the preventative measures outlined by World Health Organization (WHO) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
What precautions does Stonewall Orchard Golf Club take?
Our staff has been trained on proper cleaning procedures to prevent the COVID-19 virus. We have increased the cleaning frequency of our public areas – including door handles, bathrooms, counter tops — and are utilizing disinfectant that kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses.
Golf Safety Precautions
For your safety, Stonewall Orchard will make some temporary modifications to service, as follows:
- Dual-Rider Golf Carts are now permitted and will be required.
- The driving range, practice putting green and short game area will be all be open. Golfers should remain 6 feet apart when using these areas.
- The Golf Shop will be open and following retail guidelines. Only 5 customers in the golf shop at a time will be permitted.
- Facemasks will be required at all times when entering the clubhouse.
- Player Services will not be providing bag service. Golfers are asked to carry their own bags from their car.
- Golf Carts will not be allowed in the parking lot.
- To avoid on-course touch points, there will be no water coolers, ball washers, or rakes. (Please gently smooth sand with your feet as you exit the bunker.)
- Scorecard and pencils available upon request.
- Players should leave the flag in place while putting.
- Please be respectful of our golf staff and fellow golfers, maintaining social distancing on and off course.
- Please avoid traditional end-of-round high-fives and handshakes.
- Naturally, if you are feeling at all under the weather or have traveled recently, please wait the requested 14 days before hitting the course.
What precautions should I take?
Please follow the CDC wellness measures, which emphasize frequent hand-washing for a minimum of 20 seconds, using a hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol, and avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Additionally, avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Where may I find the most up-to-date information?
For the most updated health information, please consult the following websites:
- At the county level: Lake County Public Health
- At the state level, the Illinois Department of Public Health
- At the national level, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- At the international level, the World Health Organization
Please know that we take the COVID-19 situation very seriously and will continue to stay in close communications with federal agencies and health organizations to ensure that we follow or exceed updated health guidelines. Should you have any concerns, please feel free to reach out to us at 847.740.4890 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you